The KO Propo EX-RR Drift Set 2.4GHz Radio System is a top of the line transmitter, combined with an RSx3-one10 Ver.D Servo & KG-X Gyro to create a combo specifically for drift applications.
- Update software V2.1 - Xpansion software updated and adds updated functions
- Break-in function: THROTTLE >BRK-IN This function is useful at break-in which many EP car drivers do for diff-oil maintenance and after ball diff assembly. You are able to fix the throttle to Low by setting a time limit before driving. This is a function to minimize the feeling change of the cornering characteristics due to the temperature change of the differential before a run. Not only the operating time can be changed but also the throttle input can be adjusted to your preferred speed. In addition, the break-in function starts with an assigned ET/BT key and the buzzer of the EX-RR sounds during operation so you can see immediately that the break-in function is activated. Also, in case of an emergency we have also equipped the function to stop in case of an emergency by operating the key again.
- Hand break function: THROTTLE > H-BRK In a real drift car, there is a method of pulling the hand brake while keeping the accelerator ON to make a better chance of a drift. We added a hand brake function that will allow us to use this technique that is very similar. Like an actual vehicle, even if you operate the throttle trigger the set amount of brake will be applied only while operating the assigned ET/BT key as long as the throttle trigger is operated. In addition to drift cars, this can be used for regular RC cars to create an understeer feeling.
- Other updates to functions in XpansionV2.10
- Added alert and changed operating procedure in the ALL REST function.
- Display of 3CH/4CH positions is changed to display a Value (ex. NOW:+100)
- Added changeable value in the Gyro mode of 3CH/4CH
- Steering direct function is changed so that it can be stopped by adding to Steering > Travel menu.
- Other small bugs fixed
- Direct throttle feeling has been improved
- The throttle unit has an improved direct feel: Renovating the form by lengthening the throttle trigger and operational angle. In order to not influence the operational angle, the distance to the finger from the angular sensor has created a more direct feeling while maintaining a compact and comfortable size. With the direct feeling of the throttle/brake reaction when moved, the increase of this linear feeling allows for a smoother and quicker reaction with input on the throttle and brake.
- Spring Tension Adjustment: Trigger spring tension = personal preference. The trigger unit provides a spring tension adjustment with a screw. This allows for a stronger or softer spring tension according to personal preference.
- The long life period of the angle sensor’s smoothness does not change: The angle sensor used has proven to give a precise signal and shown durability. Because the signal is very precise, delicate movements are very fluid. The durability of the new sensor has shown approximately an improvement of 100 times over the past sensor used. Small operation feeling of the fingertip translates into a smooth and linear output to an ESC and servo.
- Smoother steering unit
- The soft spring which can be operated with a constant tension: The normal spring included in the extension unit has been modified. The previous spring used was a progressive spring becoming stiffer as the wheel angle increased, but the softer spring gives a linear stiffness as the wheel angle increases. Since the spring tension can be adjusted, you can set the spring tension to your personal preference.
- Small diameter of the wheel / The operation feeling improves with the lightening of the wheel: The re-designed wheel is made from aluminum. Multiple tests were iterated and the best wheel diameter was chosen. Being a little smaller then previous wheels the reaction of the car operation has improved. The diameter of the aluminum wheel is 2mm smaller and the weight is the same as a plastic wheel. Therefore, it has the rigidity of aluminum but a light operation feeling.
- The sponge material has an exquisite feel: The sponge material has also been changed to improve the feel to the fingers. The increased comfort gives the impression of the fingers grasping securely even during a long race.
- Evolved software
- Calculator has rollout calculation: FUNCTION>SYSTEM>CALC This function has been added to the calculator in the EX-2. Put TIRE DIAMETER in the calculator, ROLLOUT(Car movement distant per one motor rotation ) is automatically calculated. This is useful for changing gearing in a DD car.
- Push Control Function for Direct drive car: THROTTLE>PUSH A motor that has a strong magnetic force will add a braking effect when the throttle is released and will make a car stall in the corner. Setting the amount of forward input to remain on the throttle as the trigger returns to neutral can be adjusted. This is effective for F1, World GT and 1/12 category of cars whose gear ratio is small.
- English⇔Japanese language change is possible in the menu: FUNCTION>SYSTEM>CONFIG You can change language in the display from Japanese and English. Selecting the display language that you prefer to use.
- Adding various performance functions such as down timer and more.
- Individual response settings for the steering and throttle.( Feel setting menu)
- Display RF mode (FH-G/ FH-F /MzMHS G/MzMHS F)
- 2 way setting point in the Steering Speed.
- 3 way Setting point in the Throttle Speed.
- Full acceleration settings.
- Full ABS Settings.
- Balance L/R added in the Steering override.
- Add User timer.
- 35 model memory.
- Higher quality stylish wrapping: Master unit and Grip Panel have carbon fiber printing. Some screws used are aluminum for weight reduction.
- KR-418FHD included: Included receiver is the KR-418FH which is compatible with the HCS operation. Please try a higher response feeling using with the RSx3/BSx3 servos.
Weight: 536g (not included battery)
Battery: RO3/AAA/UM4 battery x 4
Run time: 4 or 5 hours( with alkaline battery)
Channels: 4 channels
Model memory: 35
Receiver: HCS compatible receiver. KR-418FH included.
Other Compatible receivers: KR-415FHD, KR-413FH, KR-241FH, KR-211FH, KR-212FHG
NOTE: If you use Li-fe, Li-po, you must use with the optional KO Battery Stand unit.
- (1) Master Unit EX-RR
- (1) LCD Xpansion Unit EX-104S
- (1) Aluminum Steering Wheel 3
- (1) Drop down Extension Unit (Included soft spring)
- (1) Expert Grip Unit2 (right)
- (1) Normal stand unit
- (1) KR-418FH Receiver
- (1) RX mode selector
- (1) RSx3-one10 Ver.D Servo
- (1) KG-X Gyro